Every vehicle requires a regular tune-up for optimal performance and efficiency. Our technicians at Jensen Tire & Auto can perform preventive maintenance, including tune-ups on your vehicle (usually every 30,000 miles). Jensen Tire & Auto provides quality, affordable tune-ups, as well as other auto repair services.
What tune-ups do: A routine tune-up can easily protect against major engine problems by changing worn components such as spark plugs and fuel filters. Keeping a regular tune-up schedule will help your vehicle last much longer, maintain higher fuel mileage and boost efficiency.
Why tune-up service is necessary: Vehicle parts have a life expectancy. These parts and their life expectancy are shown in your owner’s manual with specific manufacturer benchmarks, about every 30,000 miles. While these parts may last longer than the suggested time frame, it is a good idea to have them checked by a qualified technician at Jensen Tire & Auto on a regular basis. If these parts are not regularly inspected and a car diagnostic is not performed, a major issue could occur.
A Routine Car Tune-Up Protects the Life of Your Car
Watch and listen for these common complications:
- Poor gasoline mileage
- Slow acceleration
- Suspicious Engine sounds such as knocks or pings
- Noticeable electrical issues
- Air flow issues
A complete tune-up done by our expert technicians consists of:
- Replacing the air filter
- Switching out the gas filters
- Installing new spark plugs and spark plug wires
- Inspecting the distributor cap and putting in a new one if needed
- Examining the blades and installing a new rotor if the old one has splits, burning or carbon build-up
- Checking the valve-cover gasket and adjusting the valves
- Inspection and filling all fluids
- Switching out Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve, if plugged
At Jensen Tire & Auto we’ve seen how far preventive maintenance such as tune-ups can go toward saving you money over the life of your vehicle. Make an appointment for a tune-up today.
- We do only the work you authorize
- Free written service estimates
- Warranties in writing
- Quality replacement parts
- Leading-edge diagnostics