When you drive your vehicle, the parts in your engine create friction and that friction generates heat. Keeping up with your vehicle’s cooling system maintenance can be challenging. Fortunately our staff of ASE-certified technicians at Jensen Tire & Auto specializes in auto repair including radiator flush and radiator repair and can keep your vehicle in proper working order.
Your vehicle’s cooling system is what keeps your car from having a meltdown. All of the parts of your cooling system work together to meet one goal: moving coolant around the engine so it can absorb and dissipate heat. Cooling Systems reduce temperatures to help all other engine parts work properly.
The basic cooling system is made up of the following components:
- Radiator and hoses
- Water pump
- Thermostat and housing
- Electric cooling fan
- Thermo-time switch
During radiator flush and radiator repair, your Jensen Tire & Auto technician will inspect:
- Hoses and belts for signs of leaks or fractures
- Your fluid level
- Signs of oxidation and corrosion
- Deposit or fluids, which may show indications of damages or leaks
- If all parts, fans, and the thermostat are working effectively
When driving in extreme temperatures, you need to be sure you have proper levels of coolant/antifreeze in your automobile to prevent over heating or freezing.
Over time, your car’s cooling system will develop scale deposits, which limit coolant flow. This means it’s time for a radiator flush. Having a qualified professional carry out regular inspections will ensure your automobile stays effectively cooled down and working for many years to come. To keep your automotive cooling system in proper working order, it is important to keep in mind the following:
- Disregarding your cooling system may lead to serious damages as well as complete engine failure
- Your antifreeze and coolant system need to be flushed every 30,000 to 50,000 miles or every 2 years
- Your coolant levels should be inspected at every oil change
Call or stop by today for your next radiator flush or radiator repair with Jensen Tire & Auto.
- We do only the work you authorize
- Free written service estimates
- Warranties in writing
- Quality replacement parts
- Leading-edge diagnostics