Belt & Hose Replacement
Jensen Tire & Auto provides preventive maintenance and repair including replacing your car’s belts and hoses. The hoses under the hood of your vehicle are like vital arteries, responsible for carrying life-sustaining fluids to the places that need it most. Your vehicle also has belts with various functions such as timing belts, chains, and serpentine belts. If your belts and hoses are not properly maintained, the threat of a breakdown becomes very real.
Belts degrade over time and can crack, swell, or burst. Hoses can glaze and split after years of use or when exposed to severe temperatures. A faulty hose can cause fluids to leak from your engine and may cause damage to engine components. To avoid breakdowns, be sure to have our ASE-certified technicians at Jensen Tire & Auto inspect your belts and hoses to identify any warning signs or concerns.
Automotive Belt & Hose Replacement
Talk to your team at Jensen tire & Auto if you notice any of these issues:
- Reduction of power
- Screeching or grinding sound
- If you feel vibrations, ‘slides’ or ‘catching’
- Vehicle becomes over heated
Most manufacturers recommend having belts and hoses checked every 3,000 miles or with every oil change. A belt and hose examination from Jensen Tire & Auto means we look for:
- Glazing, fracturing, peeling off and softening of belts
- Proper tensioning
- Appropriate drive pulley alignment
- Leakages and splits
- Hardening, cracking and softening of hose pipes
- A cooling system pressure examination to help check for leaks
- Loose or worn clamps
Call or stop by Jensen Tire & Auto today to arrange your next belt and hose inspection or replacement service.
- We do only the work you authorize
- Free written service estimates
- Warranties in writing
- Quality replacement parts
- Leading-edge diagnostics