Jensen Tire & Auto recommends having your car’s brakes examined at least once a year for the safety of you and your family. Maintaining your vehicle’s brakes is among the most crucial measures you could take and Jensen Tire & Auto offers quality, affordable brake service in Omaha, Lincoln, Council Bluffs, and surrounding areas.
Brakes are one of the most important safety attributes on your vehicle. There are 2 types of braking systems on most cars: traditional brakes and an anti-lock braking system (ABS). A typical braking system is composed of the rotor, the caliper, and brake pads or shoes. If your brake pads wear and are not changed, the rotors could need to be replaced as well.
What you need to know about Brake Service
Why brake repair is essential: In order to safely stop your car, brake pads have to be in functioning condition and not worn down to the rotors. Even small changes in brake performance may indicate your brakes need repair. For ideal performance and safety, have our team at Jensen Tire & Auto check and service your brakes routinely.
Brake Service Tips
Follow these pointers to help keep your brakes working effectively:
- Have your brakes inspected at least once a year, and more often if you typically drive in city traffic or live in a location with a lot of hills
- Never drive with the parking brake on
- Have brake fluid checked and changed as required, but if you have to add fluid more than every couple of months, you may have a leak
Have one of our technicians at Jensen Tire & Auto check your brakes right away if you notice any of the following:
- A high-pitched squeak when you push the brakes
- A scraping or grinding sound when not braking, this also can be a sign of a brake or bearing problem and must be checked immediately
- Shaking or vibration during braking
- Using more pressure than normal when trying to stop
The quicker you inspect problems and replace brake pads, the safer your automobile will be. Prolonging brake concerns may lead to other more costly repairs. Serving Omaha, Lincoln, Council Bluffs, and surrounding areas, Jensen Tire & Auto is proud to be your number one auto repair shop and tire provider. Call us to schedule an appointment for a brake inspection today.
- We do only the work you authorize
- Free written service estimates
- Warranties in writing
- Quality replacement parts
- Leading-edge diagnostics