A/C and Heating Repair
When temperatures rise, there’s nothing more refreshing than getting into a cool, air-conditioned car. However, auto A/C and heating systems can wear over time with use, turning cold air into hot air. Jensen Tire & Auto can perform routine auto A/C maintenance and heating system repairs, which will keep your car comfortable for you and your passengers.
What auto A/C and heating system does: Auto heating and A/C systems function to keep your car cabin warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The auto A/C system also offers a double function of working your defrost in the winter. Heating systems are comprised of a heater core (which acts like a little radiator behind the dash), fan, and hoses, which draw the heat from the engine to the core. Auto A/C systems operate similarly, by delivering coolant to the fan to blow cold air into the cabin.
Why auto A/C & heating system repair service is important: Heating and A/C systems can wear out over time with use. Hoses can easily stop up and leak if not serviced, leading to poor efficiency or a lack of cooling and heating. Correct routine maintenance can keep your automobile comfortable for you and your passengers.
The best ways to tell if your heating and A/C systems are having problems:
- If your A/C blows just a little cooler than the air outside
- Air that blows in smells moist, musty or like mildew
- Your cabin does not heat up in cold weather or is mildly warmer than outside temps
- The defroster takes longer than normal to function, blows in filthy air, or doesn’t operate
- Your heater or A/C only operates when driving, not when idling or stops blowing when the vehicle isn’t moving
- Your heating unit blows chilly air or the air conditioning blows warm
- Your vents do not put out much air at the highest setting
An in-depth inspection of heating and A/C systems includes:
- Checking the interior and blower
- Checking radiator coolant level, hoses, pressure cap and thermostat
- Screening the compressor belt
- Examining for cracks or additional damages
- A cooling system pressure examination
- Contrasting the air conditioning pressure to specifications
- Examining the air conditioning system for refrigerant leaks
- Checking the interior vent air temperature
Contact Jensen Tire & Auto today to schedule an appointment for automotive A/C maintenance and heating system repairs.
- We do only the work you authorize
- Free written service estimates
- Warranties in writing
- Quality replacement parts
- Leading-edge diagnostics