When temperatures rise, there’s nothing more refreshing than getting into a cool, air-conditioned vehicle. However, A/C and heating systems can wear over time with use, turning cold air into hot air. At Jensen Tire & Auto, our associates can perform routine auto A/C maintenance and heating system repairs to keep your vehicle comfortable for you and your passengers.
What auto A/C and heating system does: Auto heating and A/C systems function to keep your car cabin warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The auto A/C system also offers a double function of working your defrost in the winter. Heating systems are comprised of a heater core (which acts like a little radiator behind the dash), fan, and hoses, which draw the heat from the engine to the core. Auto A/C systems operate similarly, by delivering coolant to the fan to blow cold air into the cabin.
Why auto A/C & heating system repair service is important: Heating and A/C systems can wear out over time with use. Hoses can easily stop up and leak if not serviced, leading to poor efficiency or a lack of cooling and heating. Correct routine maintenance can keep your automobile comfortable for you and your passengers.
A/C AND HEATING TIPS
Ways to tell if your vehicle heating and A/C systems are having problems:
- A/C blows just a little cooler than the air outside
- Air that blows in smells moist, musty, or like mildew
- Cabin does not heat up in cold weather or is mildly warmer than outside temps
- Defroster takes longer than normal to function, blows in filthy air, or doesn’t operate
- Heater or A/C only operates when driving, not when idling, or stops blowing when vehicle isn’t moving
- Heating unit blows chilly air or air conditioning blows warm
- Vents do not put out much air at the highest setting
In-depth inspection of heating and A/C systems includes:
- Check interior and blower
- Check radiator coolant level, hoses, pressure cap, and thermostat
- Screen compressor belt
- Examine for cracks or additional damages
- Cooling system pressure examination
- Contrast air conditioning pressure to specifications
- Examine air conditioning system for refrigerant leaks
- Check interior vent air temperature
Visit Jensen Tire & Auto Today
Schedule an appointment for your vehicle’s A/C maintenance and for heating system repairs.