The best way to extend the life of your car is to perform regular car service and preventive maintenance. Jensen Tire & Auto offers quality, affordable preventive maintenance and other auto repair services in Omaha, Lincoln, Council Bluffs, and surrounding areas to help keep your car where running at its best.
What car service and preventive maintenance does: Preventive Maintenance includes regular check-ups and car service for your vehicle. It can catch complications with your car before it needs significant repairs. Having Jensen tire & Auto do your preventive maintenance will extend the life of your car and keep it performing effectively for years ahead.
Why car service & preventive maintenance is important: Regular preventive maintenance service is the best way for you to save money on auto repair and save time on simple, avoidable mechanical problems.
Most preventive maintenance is done at specific periods, and the timetable for your vehicle can be found in the owner’s handbook.
Routine maintenance is recommended:
- Depending on driving conditions, regularity, and automobile make, model, and year
- Every 15,000 miles until 75,000
- After 75,000 miles, take your automobile in once a year
- Seasonally for A/C and heater maintenance
- Bi-annually to inspect and rotate tires
- Oil and fluid changes ought to be done every 3,000-5,000 miles
Preventive maintenance could generally consist of any of the following:
- Inspect and replace/flush the engine fluids: Oil, Brake Fluid, Power Steering fluid, Windshield Washer Fluid, Transmission Fluid, Antifreeze, Coolant
- Check and/or replace filters: Air Filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter
- Tire balancing and rotation
- Wheel alignment
- Check all lights
- Check wiper blades
- Examine tires for wear and air pressure
- Check and/or change brake pads
- Inspect belts and hoses
- Test the battery
- Check HVAC system: Vents, air conditioning and heating, etc.
- We do only the work you authorize
- Free written service estimates
- Warranties in writing
- Quality replacement parts
- Leading-edge diagnostics
Auto Repair FAQ
What service warranties do you offer?
We at Jensen Tire & Auto are proud to offer one of the best service warranties in the industry. Our minimum warranty for any repair is 90 days or 4,000 miles, whichever comes first. Visit our warranties page for more information.
Should I use synthetic oil?
Some manufacturers recommend using synthetic oil in their vehicles. Be sure to check your owner’s manual to determine if is recommended for your vehicle.
Why change transmission fluid?
Transmission fluid is an internal lubricant just like engine motor oil. During certain driving conditions and mileage intervals, transmission fluid, because of wear and age, can break down and become contaminated. This may result in costly transmission repairs and possibly the need for replacement. As a general rule the transmission fluid and, in some instances, the transmission filter should be replaced at 25,000-mile intervals. You should always consult your vehicle's Owner's Manual for recommended service intervals.
When should my belts be changed?
You should begin checking your vehicle's belts at 20,000 miles. Things to look for include cracks, splits, glazing, peeling, greasy buildup, and splitting or missing sections. It you notice any of these conditions you should arrange to have all of your vehicle's belts simultaneously changed out. If a serpentine belt breaks, many other components including your vehicle's alternator, water pump, power steering, etc., will not function, resulting in further damage and costly repairs.